GOD – My Life Source
The Journey of Living from My True Self
Two Optional Power Sources for Living
- One Source is Ego Based, False Self
- One Source is God-based True Self
God Reality is Everything Love / God Reality is Everything True
LOVE / 1 John 4:8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
TRUE / John 16:13 But when the Spirit of Truth comes, he will take you by the hand and guide you into all the truth there is.
Truth & Love
“Only love can be trusted with ‘Big Truth’. All other attitudes will murder and mangle Truth.”
“Big Truth cannot be angry, antagonistic, or forced on anyone or it will inherently distort the message.”
Examples of Murder & Mangle
- Today there is much anger and mutual disrespect among Christians, conservative and progressive.
- Today Jihadism & Zionism are locked in a death grip of anger and hate toward each other.
‘Big Truth’ is lost in the mayhem where there is an absence of love.
On an Individual Level
When our personal space is filled with anger, confusion, disrespect, resentment, we are operating from a place of lack, not in the fullness of Love or Truth.
Lack will distort Love and Truth.
The Lost Message
Only LOVE imparts ‘Big Truth’ without distortion.
So much of the focus of religion is to get people aligned around beliefs when the objective should be to learn to receive and give love that is God and God that is love. In that context we discover Truth.
How Do We Discover Love & Truth?
- Head (analysis)? It takes more than reasoning.
- Heart (emotions)? Alone, our heart is too unstable.
- Body (passions)? Passions alone will never lead to Truth & Love.
Mind, Emotion, & Passion
Teamwork is required to discover Love & Truth.
- Body …all working together
This is true of all relationships with people and our relationship with God.
God Love & Big Truth
A place of…Intimacy, Vulnerability, Discovery, Transformation
God, Love, Truth, & Intimacy
Becoming aware of God; God-Love, God-Truth is a place of the truest intimacy.
- John 21 “Peter do you love me?”
- 1 Corinthians 14:16 Pray for the insight and ability to bring others into that intimacy.
God, Love, Truth, & Vulnerability
…will open your eyes to your vulnerability. Don’t be afraid of vulnerability.
- Matthew 9:35 …he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.
- Isaiah 57:15 I live…with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9b My strength comes into its own in your weakness.
God, Love, Truth, & Discovery
This path is one of discovery.
Ephesians 3:17 I ask him that you’ll be able to take in the extravagant dimensions of Christ’s love…experience the breadth, length, depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives in the fullness of God. 20-21 God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.
God, Love, Truth, & Transformation
God’s Love & Truth are the only path to transformation.
2 Corinthians 3:16-18 (Moses & God on Sinai)
- We stand face-to-face with God.
- We recognize that God is a living, personal presence, not a piece of chiseled stone.
- The old, constricting legislation is obsolete.
- And we are transfigured, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him.
God as Our Live Source
Will bring us to…
A Place of Intimacy
Exposing our Vulnerability
Opening us to Discovery
Ultimately bringing Transformation
Pastor Dan Burchett ~ Open Door ~ August 4, 2013
ODM website: opendoorlongbeach.org