In The Wake Of A Miracle
Events that follow the promise
…A divine event that transcends natural law
- People flock to miracles
- Authors write books about miracles
- People pray for miracles
- People bargain with God for miracles
Let’s look at an unexpected, uninvited miracle…
An Angel appears to a virgin, Mary, engaged to a man named Joseph…
- The angel said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you!”
- You have found favor with God. Listen! You will become pregnant and give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus. (Luke 1)
- (Mary) “May all you have said happen to me.”
Mary is engaged (not married) and pregnant
- Joseph decided to “quietly” end the relationship (Matthew 1)
MIRACLES and MISERY are related
When God brings heaven into your earthly experience, two worlds clash.
IN FILTHY PLACES”
The presence of that which is HOLY is meant to transform that which is not.
“We carry this precious Message around in the unadorned clay pots of our ordinary lives. That’s to prevent anyone from confusing God’s incomparable power with us.” (2 Cor. 4)
Mary Didn’t Know
Mary… “May all you have said happen to me.”
All that Mary didn’t know related to her miracle…the impact on her life, would be a part of her transformation.
Being HIGHLY FAVORED BY GOD was a blessing that brought burden.
But burdens bring transformation when we bear them.
When BLESSINGS Bring BURDENS
You’ve prayed for the miracle
- The job came through
- Now the work begins
- The break-up averted
- Maintaining harmony takes effort and is work
- Health restored
- Diet and exercise requires discipline and bodies continue to age and decline
There will be times of misery as a result of your miracle
Like Mary, let us declare…
“May all you have said happen to me.”
Pastor Dan Burchett ~ Open Door ~ December 4, 2016
ODM website: opendoorlongbeach.org